A prominent manufacturing company sought the expertise of AQL Technologies to implement a robust records management system. The client faced challenges related to unstructured data, lack of document classification, and the absence of a comprehensive system for managing records across various platforms.
The manufacturing company operated without a centralized records management system, leading to issues like:
- Data Disorganization: Documents and emails were scattered across various repositories, making it challenging to locate critical information.
- Compliance Concerns: The absence of a systematic approach to record retention and disposal raised concerns about compliance with industry regulations and legal obligations.
- Risk of Data Breach: Sensitive data was not appropriately protected, posing a risk of unauthorized access and data breaches.
AQL Technologies proposed a comprehensive records management solution tailored to the manufacturing company’s needs.
- Labeling Policy: AQL implemented a labeling policy with specific criteria for classifying documents and emails. The labels were designed to indicate the nature of records, such as financial, legal, or operational, and to specify retention periods based on regulatory requirements. A configured disposition review was implemented for improved handling of records after the retention period.
- Applicability Across Solutions: The labeling policy extended to SharePoint, OneDrive, and email mailboxes, ensuring consistency and uniformity in record management across all platforms.
Labels were configured to automatically apply to documents and emails, reducing the manual effort required for classification.
- Employee Training: AQL conducted training sessions to educate employees on the new labeling system, emphasizing the importance of proper classification for compliance and data security.
- Integration with Microsoft 365: Leveraging Microsoft 365 capabilities, AQL integrated the records management solution with SharePoint, OneDrive, and Exchange Online, streamlining the application of labels and ensuring a cohesive records management experience.
Following the implementation of the records management solution:
- Improved Data Accessibility: The new system organized data, making it easily accessible, leading to increased efficiency in locating and retrieving critical information.
- Enhanced Compliance: The manufacturing company achieved better compliance with industry regulations and legal obligations through the systematic application of retention labels.
- Reduced Data Security Risks: The implementation of labeling policies improved data security by ensuring that sensitive information was appropriately classified and protected.
- Streamlined Collaboration: Employees experienced improved collaboration as records were consistently managed across SharePoint, OneDrive, and email platforms.
- Efficient Disposition Processes: The implementation of disposition reviews and automated deletion based on retention labels streamlined the process of disposing of records that were no longer required, reducing data clutter.